SAI Facilities to be made free of cost
- The Sports Ministry announced that sports facilities and stadia across the country under the auspices of the Sports Authority of India (SAI) would be made free of cost from November 1, 2019 .
- Facilities would be free for National sports federations, clubs and various leagues.
- The facilities can be availed for free only for sports events.
stay tuned for Current Affairs
Angela Merkel to visit India on Nov 1
- Germen Chancellor Angela Merkel will visit India on November 1 for the fifth biennial Inter-Governmental Consultation (IGC).
- Under the IGC format, the counterpart ministers from both countries will hold initial discussions in their respective areas of responsibility.
Mahindra to fully acquire Peugeot Motorcycles
- Mahindra & Mahindra’s subsidiary Mahindra Two Wheelers Europe will fully acquire France Based Peugeot Motocycles.
- Mahindra Two Wheelers Europe already has 51% stake in PMTC.
- The acquisition would help the company introduce seven new products between 2019 and 2021
- The Peugeot brand will continue to be used in the future under the trade Licence Agreement between PMTC and Peugeot.
6 new Medical institutes for Tamil Nadu
- The union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare gave its approval to Tamil Nadu’s proposal to establish six new medical colleges.
- The institutes will come up in Tiruppur, the Nilgiris, Ramanathapuram, Namakkal, Dindigul and Virudhunagar at a cost of Rs 1,950 crore and will be attached to existing hospitals in these districts.
- The centre would sign MoU with the Tamil Nadu for the same
Indian Tourists to be exempted from visas
- Indian and Chinese tourists will be exempted from visas to enter in Brazil for tourism or Business purposes.
- Brazilian President jair Bolsonaro said that there will be no reciprocity in the beginning.
- US, Australia, Japan and Canada are already exempt from short-term tourism and business Visas.
- Both India and China are part of BRICS.
political thought Current affairs