The US to award Pepsico India
- The US has named PepsiCo India for the 2019 Secretary of State’s Award for Corporate Excellence (AEC).
- The award will be presented in a ceremony on 31 October 2019.
- The award recognizes the company’s efforts tp save more than 17 billion litres of water.The company saved water yhrough community water programmes which positively impacted 60,000 community members.
India handed over vaccines to Myanmar
- India has handed over10,000 vials of anti-rabbies vaccines to Myanmar in an effort to help the Naypyitaw in its fight against the Rabies disease.
- The aim of this goodwill donation was to provide support to the Government of Myanmar for its fight against Rabies and to showcase the strength of India’s pharmaceutical industry in manufacturing high-quality at a highly competitive price.
World Mental Health Day 2019
- World Mental Health Day was observed worldwide on October 10, every year.
- It is observed with an aim to raise awareness of mental health issues around the world.
- It is also aims to mobilize efforts in support of mental health.
- The theme for World Mental Health Day 2019 is Mental health Promotion and sucide prevention.
Reliance MF renamed: Nippon India Mutual Fund
- Reliance Mutual Fund has been renamed as Nippon India Mutual Fund.
- The organisation was renamed following the purchase 75% stake in Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management by Nippon Life Insurance.
- Nippon India Mutual Fund has become the largest foreign-owned Asset Management company in India.
- Sundeep sikka will continue to lead the company as the CEO.
John B. Goodenough, M.Stanley, and Akira Toshina receive Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- The 2019 prize in chemistry will be awarded to John D Goodenough, M,Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino for the development of Lithium-ion batteries.
- John Goodenough of the University of Texas is the oldest laureate ever awarded Nobel Prize.
- Stanley Whittingham is from the state university of New York at Binghamton.
Thailand FM arrived in Delhi on a 3 day visit
- Thailand Foreign Minister, Don Pramudwinai arrived in New Delhi on 9 October 2019 on a three day visit to India with an aim to boost bilateral realtions.
- He will hold a meeting with External Affairs minister Dr S. Jaishankar.
- He is also schedule to attend the 8th joint Commission Meeting between India and Thailand