Indian Air Force (IAF) celebrates 87th anniversary
Indian Air Force celebrates 87th anniversary at the Hindon Base in Ghaziabad. Army chief Bipin Rawat, Indian Air force Chief RKD Bhadauria and Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Karambir Singh present at the event.
Indian Air Force (IAF) celebrates 87th anniversary on #AirForceDay2019 at Hindon Air Base in Ghaziabad. Army Chief General Bipin Rawat and IAF Chief, Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria present at the event. pic.twitter.com/w6GQLTJlKB
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) October 8, 2019
Haryana Assembly polls: 1,168 candidates to contest on 90 seats
- A total no. of 1,168 candidaye are left in the fray for the upcoming assembly election in Haryana scheduled to be held on October 1 as the deadline for withdrawal of nomination ends. The last date for withdrawal of nomination by the candidates was October 7.
- A total number of 1,168 candidates will contest on 90 assembly seats in the Haryana Assembly elections, Joint Chief Electoral Officer Inder Jeet said in a statement on Monday.
- The Election Commission also allotted election symbols to various political parties contesting polls-2019 in the state.
Pakistan sets up Special body for CPEC project
- Pakistan on Monday set up a special body to oversee investments and execute projects under the multi-billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project. President Arif Alvi promulgated an ordinance to set up the CPEC Authority on the eve of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s trip to China to discuss investment opportunities.
- Army chief General Qamar Javed has also reached China where he would meet the country’s military leadership and join PM khan in his political meetings, according to a brief statement by the Army.
Rajnath singh to hold talks with President before sortie in Rafale jet
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will meet French President Emmanuel Macron in paris on Tuesday and receive the first of the 36 Rafale aircraft in the French port city of Bordeaux, where he will perform ‘Shastra Puja’ on the occasion of Dussehra and take sortie in the fighter jet.
- “Delighted to be in France. This great nation is India’s important strategic partner and our special relationship goes far beyond the realm of the formal ties. My visit to France is aimed at expanding the existing strategic partnership between both the countries, Singh tweeted his arrival in Paris on Monday.
Delighted to be in France. This great nation is India’s important strategic partner and our special relationship goes far beyond the realm of formal ties.
My visit to France is aimed at expanding the existing strategic partnership between both the countries.
— Rajnath Singh (@rajnathsingh) October 7, 2019
Maharashtra: Mohan Bhagwat attends ‘RSS-Path Sanchalan March, in Nagpur
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat attends ‘RSS-Path Sanchalan March, in Nagpur.
— ANI (@ANI) October 8, 2019
Tributes paid on Indian Air Force Day
Delhi chiefs of three services, Army chief Bipin Rawat, Indian Air force Chief RKD Bhadauria and Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Karambir Singh, pay tributes at National War Memorial on Indian Air Force Day.
Terrorist killed during encounter in Awantipora
One terrorist was killed during an encounter with security forces on the outskirts of Awantipora town in Jammu and Kashmir, arms and ammunition have been recovered .
US, Japan sign trade agreements on agriculture and digital export
- The US and Japan have signed trade agreements on agriculture and digital exports, which American President Donald Trump termed a “tremendous victory” and said will help create jobs, expand investment, promote fairness and reduce trade deficit between the two countries. The two Agreements signed at the White House were the new US-Japan Trade Agreement and the US-Japan Digital Trade Agreement.
- These two deals represent a tremendous victory for both of our nations. They will create countless jobs, expand investment and commerce, reduce our trade deficit very substantially, promote fairness and reciprocity and unlock the vast opportunities for growth, “Trump told reporters on Monday during the signing ceremony at the White House.
Abhinandan Vaethman to fly MiG Bison Aircraft today
Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman to fly MiG Bison Aircraft over Air Force Day parade today at Air Base In Ghaziabad. Three Mirage 2000 aircraft and 2 Su-30MKI fighter aircraft will fly in Avenger formation. Planes are being flown by pilots Who took part in Balakot airstrike.
Air Fighter pilots who took in Balakot airstikes have been included in the parade as a mark of tribute to the teams which carried out the strike on February 26 and thwarted aerial on February 27.
Squadrons which participated in Balakot air strike awarded citation on IAF Day
- Two squandrons of the Indian Air Force, which played a role in the Balakot air strike, were decorated with citation at the Hindon base on the 87th IAF day.
- IAF chief RKS Bhadauria the 51 squadron and the 9 Squadron for their role in the air strike on terrorist camps in Pakistan’s Balakot in February.
- Every year, the Air Force Day is celebrated at the Hindon base In the presence of the IAf chief and senior officials of the three armed forces .
- The IAF was founded on October 8, 1932, and the force has participated in several curcial wars and landmarks missions.
Imran arrives In China on third official Visit
- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan arrived in Beijing on Tuesday on his third official visit to China where he is slated to discuss issues of regional and bilateral importance with Chinese President Xi Jinping and his arrival in Beijing, khan was received by Chinese Minister of Cukture and Tourism Luo Shugang, Pakistan’s Ambassador to China Naghmana Hashmi and other officials, The News International reported.
- Khan is accompanied by a high-level delegation including Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Minister for Planning, Development and Reform Khusro Bakhtiar, Board of Investment (BOI) Chairman Zubair Gilani and other senior officials.
Hong Kong suspends cross-border train services to China
- Hong Kong’s Mass Transit Railway (MTR) Corporation has suspended all cross-border services to mainland China after footage emerged of a train enroute to Guangzhou being attacked by more than 20 black-clad assailants. According to the footage at about 11 p.m. on October 4 the train taking passengers to Guangzhou was surrounded when it reached the station, the South China Morning Post reported.
- The video showed attackers using hammers and steel bars to smash the glass windows of the train and the surveillance cameras on the station platform.
Vice president to visit Comoros, Sierra Leone from October 10-14
- Vice president M venkaiah Naidu will be on a visit to Comoros and Sierra Leone from October 10-14 during which he will hold talks with the top leadership of those countries to five a new momentum to bilateral ties as part of India’s Africa outreach policy. The vice President’s trips will be the first-ever high-level visit from India to the two countries, the Ministry of the External Affairs said in a statement.
- Naidu will reach Moroni, Comoros, on Thursday and will have a detailed bilateral meeting with President of the Assembly Azali Assoumani the next day. He will also meet President of the Assembly of the Union of Comoros Abdou Ousseni and address the Parliament session there. The Vice President will hold an interaction with the Indian community on October 10. During the visit some MoUs and agreements are likely to be signed, MEA said.